Saturday, April 14, 2007

Aquarium

I just bought an aquarium and 4 double tailed with Dorsal Fin Goldfishes. 3 orange orandas, and 1 black moor (A velvetly black colored Goldfish with telescope eyes and an egg shaped body. They don't come in any other colors than black).


Aquairum with the goldfishes

2 orandas

2 orandas and the black moor behind

I think I'll get 2 more black moors tomorrow because the black moor is very isolated from the 3 orandas. And because of the black moor's predominant eyes, he has a bit of a hard time seing his food, especially the ones that tend to float around in the tank a while before they settle down. So, needs some extra time and surely appreciates it if some faster oranda does not take away his dinner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats too many goldfish for one tank >_<
I just hope you cycled the tank prior to adding the fish...a lot of people don't seem to care enough to look these things up.

Anonymous said...

you should have 10 gallons per goldfish, and if you have fish that get along, i would just leave them. but all of those fish will probably reach 6-8 inches in length! not to mention goldfish are THE messiest fish i have ever encountered *proud owner of Googley, a black moor* so your filtration should be twice that of the tank size

Anonymous said...

You need a filter in that tank! And that is WAY too many fish! 6 fish need at least 40 gallons... and that is really pushing it! I feel so bad for those poor poor fish! You have to do a little more research as to what you are getting into before you just buy a pet.

Anonymous said...

You need a filter in that tank! Goldfish are very messy, and need good filtering and lots of water space. 6 fish need at least 40 gallons... and that is really pushing it.