A Week with my China Buddy
What a busy but fulfilling week. Hosted my China counterpart Si Ren Zhe for the whole of this week. We followed them after school to places of interests in Singapore without paying a single cent!
On Monday, Sentosa.
Tuesday, Singapore River Cruise from Clarke Quay to Esplanade & shopping at Suntec City+Marina Square.
Wednesday, Malay Heritage Centre and shopping @ Mustafa.
Thursday, Singapore Discovery Centre.
And Friday, he followed me to NCC training. After that, we went to Thai Village Restaurant at Changi village for a farewell dinner. Surprisingly, Miss Tan Hwee Pin came too. All the teachers and students who were involved in this Overseas Exchange programme from the 4 different schools ( Ngee Ann, Tanjong Katong & Zhonghua + Northeast Yucai Foreign Language school, Shenyang China ) came for this dinner. It was a buffet style dinner for the students (we sat outside of the restaurant), but restaurant style for the teachers and principals(they sat inside).
And today, the most interesting day. We got to take our buddies out to anywhere we wanted. All of us took them to Escape theme park in Down Town East. There weren't much people there, so we need not queue for the rides. They had lots of fun there & I helped my buddy win 4 big soft toys. (He was a little dissapointed because the soft toys were made in China. HAHA) At 2pm we made our way to Chinatown. I brought my buddy to OG to buy a shirt and a bag. In the evening, I brought him to my grandma's house for steamboat dinner, because all my relatives were there too.
Everyone in the Exchange programme went to the Airport to send the Shenyang students off. Hopefully when I'm older, I can go visit him in Shenyang. I can say that this Overseas Exchange Programme has been a great success & a very enriching one. We got to learn each other's different cultures of two different nations.
This Exchange Programme has been an experience I'll never ever forget. I encourage all the Sec 2s and 3s this year to participate in this Shenyang Exchange Programme (In September), & I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
Oh! and one more thing! I think Mr Lee M.C will be very famous among the Shenyang students. They find him very funny and "passionate" in teaching A Maths. My buddy video-ed him doing his funny actions without his permission and Mr Lee was very angry when he found out (After my buddy had filmed for 25mins -.-)
I wish Si Ren Zhe a smooth journey back home to Shenyang.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment